During the ordinary sitting of Ngaka Modiri Molema District Council, yesterday, the 14th of December 2021, the Executive Mayor, Cllr Khumalo Molefe announced his Executive Committee that will officially assist him in executing his service delivery mandate to better the lives of communities during this five-year term of council.
Executive Mayor stated that he has a mammoth task ahead of and need a group of eight (08) dedicated Leaders to count on, thus it is critical to execute oversight work on all portfolios he has introduced for his executive, the following are the members of the Mayoral Committee:
- MMC for Finance(Budget and Treasury) – Cllr Thembinkosi Mabovu
- MMC for Corporate Support, ICT and Shared Services – Cllr Portia Letshufi
- MMC for Local Economic Development, Agriculture, Rural Development and Tourism- Cllr Itumeleng Moarabi
- MMC for Infrastructure Development, Technical Services and Maintenance – Cllr Maria Monnana
- MMC for Community Services, Health, Land use, Environment, Disaster management and Social Development – Cllr Madibuseng Mokone
- MMC for Sports, Arts, Culture and Traditional Affairs – Cllr Nombulelo Nqobe
- MMC for Inter- Governmental Relations, Integrated District development and Spatial Planning – Cllr Monnapula Mothibi
- MMC for Special Projects, Stakeholder Relations, Youth, Women Empowerment, Senior Citizens, People with Disability and Children – Cllr Boitshoko Selekanyane
“I promise to work with you Honourable Councillors, as part of a collective; because my organisation has taught and trained me about the importance of good work and collective responsibility, however this also means I must work ten times more because I have been given the responsibility of leadership” said the Executive Mayor in his address.
He outlined that he has already conducted an oversight at Ratlou, Ramotshere-Moiloa, Tswaing and Ditsobotla Local Municipalities and mentioned the conditions were devastating to say the least. He called on all of them to join hands and create social contract that cuts across political spectrum, tribal origin and race to make this district a foundation for a better life for all.
“We are a council that is accountable to our communities as per the pronouncement of “Back to Basics”, we will continue to oversee and assess the speed in which service delivery is efficiently implemented through the District Development Model programmes and projects that identify with bettering the lives of our communities”, said the Executive Mayor of Ngaka Modiri Molema District Municipality, Cllr Khumalo Molefe.
“Working together in the fight against the spread of Covid-19 in the district”